2016年7月26日火曜日

TRANSFORMATION-part 2:INSIDE- OUT LOOK & 'TENUGUI'( COTTON TOWEL) FASHION / ヘンシ~ン―パート2: 裏返しルック と 手拭ファッション

TRANSFORMATION - PART 2 / ヘンシ~ン―パート2

The bottom of the kimono is flapped by the wind with the red lining peeping out a little; This lining of kimono  can be a symbol of erotic scenes. However, I couldn't help wearing the haori  (Japanese half coat) inside out when I found the design in its lining deserved more than peeping out just a bit. 

着物の裾が風に翻ってチラリと覗く紅絹(もみ)。エロチックな場面の象徴ともいうべきこの着物の裏地ですが、裏地でチラリと見せるだけではもったいないような柄を見付けて思わず、羽織を裏返して着てしまいました。

One of the two articles in this Part 2 of "the Transformation..."  (covered in this blog with michiyuki coat) is the art of turning the dark blue haori coat inside out. 

「変身...」(当ブログ道行コート掲載)のパート2の1番目は紺の羽織の裏返し術です。

INSIDE-OUT LOOK of HAOR I   /   羽織裏返しルック

1. First haori was turned inside out and the sleeves were sewn together after their bags were cut off. 

    まず羽織を裏返して袂の部分を切り取り、袖を縫い合わせました。

2. Its body was cut short to the hip length and both the front    bodies were sewn one on top of another so as to make a v-shaped collar.  

  身頃は腰の長さに切り、V字の襟になるように、前身頃を重ねて縫い合わせました。

3. After wearing it like this for a while, I started to feel the sleeves needed more length. So I used the cut-off body to be attached to the end of the sleeves to make them full length.

  しばらくはその状態で着ていましたが、袖の短さが気になったので、切り取った身頃を利用して袖の先に付け足しました。

4. The coat's braid was sewn to the back at the waist as an ornament to finish it off.

  羽織紐を腰の飾りに縫い付けて、完成。

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lining was handled as perfectly as to be taken for a reversible coat, which helped the work finish within only an hour.

リヴァーシブルに創ったの?と言う位裏地の始末が完璧だったので、作業はたった1時間で終了。

I have been secretly enjoying my switch of ideas 
without anybody pointing out "You’re wearing 
inside out." or "It can’t be haori,can it?" 
with suspicious eyes.

「裏返しよ!」等と指摘されることもなく、「よもや羽織では?」といぶかしげに見られることもなく、発想の転換を1人密かに楽しんできました。



Mindful of when this lining might be torn as thin as it is, I would enjoy extravagance in clothing to the end.


薄い裏地だけにいつ破れるかと気にしつつ着道楽を満喫するつもり。

Once it's torn, I would reverse it again to appreciate the texture of the original deep-blue coat with an innocent look. 

一旦破れてしまったら、今度は表返しをして何食わぬ顔をして、紺地の本来の肌合いを楽しめばよいこと。



Thinking it can also match the jeans and be well accepted as modern attire is  a little too complacent way of thinking?




ジーンズにも御似合いのこの裏返しルックは今の時代でも十分に通用すると思うのは独りよがりでしょうか。




TENUGUI (COTTON TOWEL) FASHION/
手拭ファッション



The tenugui( cotton towel) enclosed in the letter with the verse ideas from my renku partner Yoshiko was splendidly dyed in the dark blue. 

 The letter goes,"Once I had thought of using it as a dishcloth but changed my mind and now I hope it can amuse you."

連句パートナー淑子からの付け句に同封されてきた手拭。これがとても見事な紺の染物でした。

「布巾にでもしようと思ったけど、思い直して、、、面白がっていただけたら。」との添え書き。

She only knows its history goes about 30 years back but she doesn't remember why she has it.

30年位前の物でいきさつは全く覚えていないという。

I wasn't just amused but attracted to the towel with the name of 'Gasendoh'* and its address and tel.number printed; There are also some animals (look like demigod),flowers and emblems printed all over.

面白がるどころか京都の「画箋堂」*の住所、電話入りで動物(神人demigodとも見える)や花や記号を配した染物に魅了されました。


How it came to be left in her hands is a mystery and this mysterious artwork  ended up being used as a T-shirt's collar, far from a tea towel. 




どんな由縁で彼女の手元に残ったのか、この謎めいた芸術作品は布巾どころか、Tシャツの襟に使われる羽目になりました。

It was sewn on along the neckline of a plain dark-blue T-shirt except the 15-cm front neckline. I have been enjoying the different ways of wearing it: with the unattached towel's ends inside the neckline, bound with a rubber band and hung in the front or with the towel covering the shoulders loosely.
(ref. above photos)

紺のプレーンなTシャツの襟刳りの前15センチほど残して、手拭を縫い付けました。写真の如く手拭の縫い付けていない両端はTシャツの中に入れたり、ゴムで括って前に垂らしたり、広げて肩にかけたり、とヴァリエーションを楽しんできました。

Some say,"It's just a towel after all." and other gentle people say,"It looks like dyed indigo." In the midday heat walking with this on, I can wipe my sweat with these free ends of the towel,too.  It's one of my fancies with practical use. 

「所詮手拭。」という人もいれば、「藍染みたい。」と言ってくれる心優しい方もいました。暑い日盛りこれを着て散歩していて、自由な手拭の端で汗も拭えます。実用を兼ねた楽しい遊びの1つです。

* a long-standing art goods shop in Kyohto/京都の老舗画材屋

0 件のコメント: